Saturday, September 6, 2008

"home"-sick

so i've been back in southern california for almost a month now and it's great. i love being back by the beach with close friends and being back at school...but i still find myself still missing so much about portland. it was only my home for a few months but i think that it will always feel like home to me. 
these are things that i miss most about portland..

choco chip/peanut butter nights with mar
hiking in the gorge
last thursday on alberta street
the view from my room
hood river
powell's
heather
the waterfront
people biking
my roommates
stumptown coffee
sweet potato fries
thunderstorms
my home community (the pearl)
mt tabor
farmers markets
kickball
trips to the coast
eastside p-town
sunday dinners
nw 23rd street
tea chai te
the max
imago people
my friends on sandy and 9th
the air up there
watching the planes land on the runway at night
the drive through the gorge

all of these things make me realize that i will definitely end up there someday...the question is when?


2 comments:

Shannon Mccloskey said...

i'll meet you there. love love love.

Mari said...

YEAH!!! Hopefully you'll be back when I'm still here. Atagal...I read this little bloggy from time to time. I miss all those things you mentioned too. So much. But even more...I miss you.